MRO Services for Manufacturing
In virtually any industry, MRO materials play a significant part in the manufacturing environment. Maybe you have heard stories of production being shut down or delayed due to a missing $2 part. It happens more often than you might realize.
The cost, availability, and management of MRO materials – everything from motors and belts to janitorial supplies and lubricants – impacts plant performance. That missing $2 part can wreak havoc on production schedules and profitability. When downtime occurs, and it will occur, it can cost tens of thousands of dollars per hour in lost production time.
How Do We Help These Industries?
We understand the challenges and barriers manufacturers face in managing the MRO supply chain. It’s where we started. We are the leading experts in the industry. We have the deep history and industry expertise necessary to deliver plant reliability through stronger management of MRO materials.
Common MRO Challenges Seen In Manufacturing
- Poor MRO data – whether it’s a single site or multiple sites across different geographies
- Out of control and obsolete inventory
- Disorganized and poorly managed MRO storerooms
- No Real-Time Reporting
- Labor inefficiencies
- Inaccurate and inconsistent Bills of Material
- Lack of critical spares identification
- Inability to Integrate existing systems
How Do We Address These Challenges?
Our fully integrated supply program attacks each of those challenges head on, delivering value to the often-ignored MRO supply chain through:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Data Normalization
- Storeroom Management
- Inventory Optimization
- Enterprise Reporting
- Continuous Improvement
Our programs enable manufacturers to maintain operations while reducing material costs and improving maintenance effectiveness. Our programs reduce costs related to transactions and invoicing.
We leverage a $500 million managed MRO spend in developing strong supplier relationships that reduce material costs and improve inventory accuracy.
The Advantage of Leaving Your MRO Up to Us
Each integrated supply engagement is customized to:
- Enhance parts visibility
- Improve data standardization
- Achieve 100% critical spare identification
- Implement inventory sourcing & stocking strategies
- Reduce supplier transactions
- Earn up to 15% savings on materials (length of contract)
Manufacturers earn 25-30% total-cost-of-ownership savings from our integrated supply programs over the length of our engagement.
See Us In Action
Manufacturing MRO Case Study
Our large manufacturing client had issues tracking inventory, leading to many duplicate and unneeded SKUs. They were wasting money and time with poor inventory control and procurement. We stepped in and found four of the same product under different brand names! The issue exposed process inefficiencies that were clearly costing the client money. We were prepared to fix their inventory management practices and address the data issues at the root of the problem.
We implemented a data program to locate all duplicate inventory and analyze their purchasing history. With this data, we were able to equip them with the correct procurement strategies to avoid purchasing duplicate products and optimize their future purchasing programs.
We contributed to a reduction in overall inventory by more than 30% over three years, roughly $2 million in savings.
Want more? Read our additional manufacturing Case Study.
- Driving Supply Chain Value through Stronger OEM Partner Relationships
- Using Lean Six Sigma in Harnessing the MRO Supply Chain
- Upgrade Your MRO Supply Chain with Real-Time Systems Integration
- The Value and Benefits of Real Time MRO Systems Integration
- Recognizing and Sustaining Value in the MRO Supply Chain
- Managing Critical Spares to Achieve Plant Reliability