Published March 13, 2020
Dear valued client,
In addition to protecting our employees in our facilities, we are acutely aware that many of our employees work in your facilities and that we are a key component of your MRO supply chain. I would like to make you aware of the precautions Synovos is taking to protect the health and safety of employees and to ensure reliability of supply.
Synovos has created a COVID-19 internal information resource center and internal task force to help our employees remain informed as events unfold. It includes insights on how they and their families may remain healthy as well as internal guidance on our operating procedures as events unfold.
We are keeping up with the guidance of the World Health Organization, CDC and state and local health authorities related to travel, quarantine, meetings and events, and we are adjusting our guidance accordingly.
Health and Safety
We are following all guidelines recommended by the CDC and other government authorities such as:
- Good hygiene practices such as frequent handwashing, avoiding close contact with others, staying home if sick, covering coughs and sneezes, and frequent cleaning and disinfecting the work areas and home.
- We have advised employees who are ill or who have family in their homes who are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness not to report to our offices or any client site. If they feel well enough and are able, they may work remotely. We recognize that employees who are not well or have dependents at home whom they must attend to may also need to take time off to manage their needs. We have back up plans to support procurement employees through our central procurement group.
- In situations where the tasks of the job can only be done on customer premises, the company will take reasonable steps to meet its responsibilities under our contracts, but due to the global and nationwide implications of the COVID-19 outbreak and the dramatic steps being taken by government and public services to prevent the spread of infection, it may not be possible to provide normal staffing coverage at all times as a result of the circumstances that are beyond the company’s control. Customers should be notified by the responsible Synovos manager in a timely manner if staffing disruptions are anticipated.
- We are also following strict quarantine rules in alignment with the most up-to-date CDC guidance for employees who have been (and those who have family members who live in their homes who have been) in contact with someone who has been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19 and those who have traveled to Level 2 and 3 countries as defined by the CDC.
- We are following all customer-specific requirements. Synovos teams who are working onsite at your facility have been advised to consult with you on whether your work sites are open or if there are any special guidelines they need to follow. If there is a reason why our team should not report to your site, please notify your Synovos site manager, program manager or director.We will tailor our approach to meet your specific needs, and we will adjust and communicate with you as circumstances change. If you have any questions or concerns about your needs, please reach out to your Synovos site manager, program manager or director.
- Synovos has suspended all non-essential travel until further notice. We have also asked leaders to evaluate whether to cancel/not attend all conferences/events and meetings until further notice. We have also asked leaders to make prudent decisions on whether to hold meetings or cancel in alignment with our travel guidance and circumstances in our local offices and communities. Additional guidance for travel and meetings will be determined and provided as events warrant.
Reliability of Supply
- Our Supply Chain group has instituted a weekly formal reporting cadence with key suppliers to determine whether they anticipate any supply chain disruptions. Our site managers and buyers are also communicating with vendors to identify any potential disruptions. We will report these to our customers immediately as they arise with a recommended path forward.
- Our on-site personnel will also be asking your maintenance and production personnel if there are any anticipated spikes in demand that will require upfront planning to ensure supply. Our site managers will also be meeting with maintenance and production personnel to review scheduled PM’s over the next 6 months and “on hand” inventory levels of your critical spares.
- We are preparing to conduct purchasing off-site in the event our site personnel become ill and must work remotely or cannot work. We may need your assistance in cases where we must work on a customer computer and follow other specific security requirements.
- We will also need to work with customers on any issues regarding attendants since this work cannot be performed off-site. Due to training and other requirements alternates may not be immediately available. Solutions may involve overtime, buyer or managers picking up attendant duties or implementing interim administrative procedures to control inventory.
In summary, we understand our role in protecting health and safety and in providing the necessary material and services to support your operations. We commit to staying connected with you and working through this unprecedented situation.
If you have any questions, concerns or if there is anything we can do to help you at this time, please let your Synovos site manager, program manager or director know. All members of our Senior Management Team and I are also available to address any concerns that you may have.